- Identify Need
- Need for policy or policy revision identified and communicated to the Responsible Executive
- Responsible Executive determines whether to proceed and if so, decides its relative priority
- Responsible Executive assigns Responsible Office(s) to develop draft Policy using template while working with the relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Legal Review
- Draft policy submitted to OGC for legal review
- Substantive changes are incorporated, as necessary, by Responsible Office.
- This step may be repeated and/or expedited as needed until approved by Responsible Executive
- Cabinet Review
- Draft Policy is circulated to the Cabinet by Responsible Executive for discussion and feedback, as appropriate.
- This step may be repeated and/or expedited as needed
- Stakeholder Group Input
OGC sends notice of new Policy to Stakeholder Groups (AUSG, SBA, GLC, Staff Council, Faculty Senate, PCDI and President's Council) and provides deadline for feedback.
- Feedback recorded by OGC, summarized and shared with Responsible Executive and documented for the record
Responsible Executive coordinates the review and any additional approvals that may be required by the President or the Board of Trustees, as applicable.
When final Policy is approved by all required parties, Responsible Executive sends signed copy to OGC.
- OGC maintains signed version of final Policy in central repository, along with all current, superseded, and withdrawn policies.
- OGC posts new Policy online in Policy Library and issues announcement of new policy