The Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance (LCOP) at American University is an executive coaching program that is ideal for anyone who seeks to become an external executive coach, an internal coach, or a leader who wants to set him or herself apart by consistently bringing out the best in employees.
Why Enroll in This Program?
- Our curriculum is based on the adaptive leadership model designed to mobilize individuals to handle tough challenges and emerge triumphant in the end.
- Our instructors draw from their extensive hands-on experiences working as Executive Coaches with top leaders and their teams in the government, non-profit, and corporate sectors.
- Our program is accredited by ICF and fulfills the ICF educational requirements to pursue either the ACC or PCC certification. ICF sets the gold standard in coaching.
- Earn an Executive Coaching digital badge upon completion of the program. A digital badge is a symbolic representation of a skill-set which you can display on social platforms such as LinkedIn.
Our program is accredited by ICF as an Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP). The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the largest accrediting body for institutional executive coaching programs. They require Coach Training Programs to go through a rigorous application and accreditation process, resulting in programs that are recognized throughout both the coaching industry and by those who hire coaches.
Tuition and Costs
Request Information about our spring classes today!
Online, Live & Interactive
Classes meet online, once a month, for two or three full-day blocks. This provides the students the perfect balance between world-class instruction, real-world networking and work-life balance.
In addition to 12 full days of in-class instruction, learning is enhanced by weekly telephone conference calls, assigned readings, and journaling.
Spring 2022 Cohort Dates
- Session 1
- Jan 19, 20, 21
- Session 2
- Feb 8, 9
- Session 3
- Mar 15, 16
- Session 4
- Apr 5, 6
- Session 5
- May 3, 4, 5
- Live and Online classes meet from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM once a month for two- or three-day blocks.
- In addition to 12 days of in-class instruction, learning is supplemented by weekly telephone conference calls, assigned readings, and journaling. Full-Day attendance to these twelve sessions is required to earn the certificate.
- Students begin to practice coaching after the second module and record their coaching sessions to receive individual feedback from faculty members and accredited coaches to help them improve and further develop their coaching skills.
Get insights about coaching and the program from our expert instructors and alumni.
Sample Attending Companies
Central Intelligence Agency - Department of Defense - Department of the Navy - Department of Education - PricewaterhouseCoopers - IBM - Booz Allen Hamilton - Merck - Johnson & Johnson - Morgan Stanley - NASA - Nestle - Pepsico - ESPN - Chase - Capital One - Sanofi - Otsuka - Novartis