These online databases are available to search for grants and upcoming funding opportunities.
The Grant Advisor Plus
The website features its monthly newsletter, The Grant Advisor, which lists upcoming grant opportunities.
(Users must be on campus to access the website.)
Foundation Center (http://foundationcenter.org)
Users can run keyword searches and locate information on U.S. foundations, their funding interests, application guidelines and deadlines, and other pertinent information. To access the password-protected Foundation Directory Online, users must visit the Office of Sponsored Programs. For more information or to schedule a time, email email@example.com.
Pivot (Community of Science) (http://pivot.cos.com/)
Users can run a one-time search of funding opportunities, review upcoming funding opportunities, or create a profile and enter keywords about their areas of scholarly interest in order to receive occasional emails of funding opportunities in those areas.
To create a profile, visit Pivot's membership page (https://pivot.cos.com/register) and click "Create my account" to complete your profile. Since Pivot intuitively creates scholar profiles based on university academic department websites, faculty are encouraged to search for their names prior to completing a new profile in order to claim a profile that may already exist on their behalf.
Pivot may be accessed on-campus without a profile; to access Pivot outside of campus, users must create a profile. In addition, a profile is required in order to save previous funding searches.
Online Funding Opportunities through Federal Agencies and Professional Associations
Leading federal funding agencies:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation Guide to Programs (NSF)
Additional funding opportunities may be available through U.S. federal departments:
- Institute of Museum & Library Services (IMLS)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- US Department of Education (ED)
US Department of Energy (DOE)
- US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- US Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking (SMART)
- Office for Victims of Crime (OVC)
- US Department of State
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Additional funding opportunities may be available through professional associations: