- completed overnight release form
- school- or government-issued ID
- sleeping bag (you will be sleeping on the floor)
- personal toiletries & shower shoes
- money for out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. souvenirs, snacks, metro fare, etc.)
Showcase AU is your opportunity to experience American University firsthand. Here are just some of the benefits of these programs:
- Learn more about AU and the admissions process
- Hear from faculty about programs that interest you
- Learn about academic programs, campus life, and special academic programs
- Tour the campus with a current AU student
- Stay overnight with a student host on select dates
Please note, students may only register for one Showcase program to ensure as many students as possible have the chance to participate. Please use the specific RSVP link below to register for the Showcase AU event of your choice.
Parents and guests are welcome to join students for the day portions of the Showcase AU program. Overnight accomodations are only provided for the student, not parents or guests.
To request accommodations for persons with disabilities, please call 202-885-6000 at least two weeks in advance of the event date.
Current Operating Status in Light of COVID-19
At this time, university operations continue as normal, including visit programming. The CDC and DC Department of Health have not recommended canceling any classes or events. We do anticipate cases will be confirmed in the DC region at some point and are planning accordingly. In that scenario, we will follow updated guidance from CDC and the DC Department of Health and provide immediate updates regarding university operations based on new information from the health authorities. For up-to-date information, please check the following websites:
US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization
DC Department of Health