Open Tuesday-Sunday, 11:00-4:00, free and fully accessible. Media Contact: Rebecca Basu (202-885-5950) firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Contact: Rebecca Basu (202-885-5950) email@example.com
We are pleased to announce the next stage of our reopening with expanded capacity and hours from July 1–August 7. Visitors are required to agree to our health and safety terms including wearing a mask and social distancing, regardless of vaccination status.
- Reservations are not required on Saturdays beginning July 10 through August 7, 11a.m.-4p.m.
- Reservations are required for Tuesday and Thursday time slots. Registration is capped at 2 people.
You will have the opportunity to visit three exhibitions on view:
Not ready to visit in person? Continue following our Museum@Home for virtual content.
Upon entering the museum, visitors must agree to the terms on our health and safety form and provide contact information for contact tracing purposes. Preview the form.
- All visitors must wear a mask over their face and mouth and maintain six feet of social distance from other visitors at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for visitor use.
- A maximum of 15 visitors will be allowed in each exhibition space at one time.
- Elevator capacity is capped at 2 visitors.
Please do not bring:
- Open food or drink.
- Large personal belongings including backpacks and suitcases. We cannot hold these items for you, and they are not permitted in the museum.
These protocols may change as American University continues to monitor local and national guidelines.
All visitors must enter the building via the parking garage elevators. Parking is free. The museum is located on floor one. Upon exiting the elevator, turn right and follow posted signage to reach the museum. Pedestrians must also enter the building through the parking garage elevators. You may enter the parking garage on foot from Massachusetts Avenue. More information about getting to the museum.
No, you do not need to print your Eventbrite ticket for Tuesday and Thursday hours.
No, the museum store has not reopened. However, current exhibition catalogs will be available for purchase during your visit for $15 each plus taxes.