9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Executive Assistant to the CFO, Vice President and Treasurer
- All AU and WCL Students
- Dan Nichols, Assistant Vice President, Risk, Safety and Transportation
- Fall 2021 U•Pass Distribution Information
Based on health and safety protocols and our planned return to in-person classes and residential experiences, we are pleased to announce that U∙PASS® will be active for the fall 2021 semester.
- Both new and returning students must pick-up a new U∙Pass. Previously issued U∙Passes must be replaced, as cards from past semesters have been deactivated.
- All full-time undergraduate, graduate, and law school students are eligible for the 2021-2022 U∙Pass. Part-time, online, and study-abroad students are ineligible.
- The $136 mandatory U∙Pass fee provides unlimited Metrorail and Metrobus trips for 136 days each semester, beginning on August 16, 2021 to December 29, 2021.
- Students will be notified about the U∙Pass distribution and the program disclaimer via the myAU portal.
- All eligible students must acknowledge the digital disclaimer for the program, available on the myAU portal, before picking up their U∙Pass.
Where can undergraduate and graduate students pick up a U∙Pass?
Mary Graydon Center (MGC), 1st Floor
- Sunday, August 22 through August 29, 2021 - 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Where can Washington College of Law students pick up a U∙Pass?
WCL Students may pick up their U∙Pass at any main campus distribution location in addition to the dates and locations below.
Location: Commons Area, Washington College of Law
- Monday, August 16 - 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 17 - 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Visit the U∙Pass website (http://www.american.edu/upass) for updates to distribution times and locations.
What do I need to bring to receive my U∙Pass?
You must bring an AU Identification Card. You also are required to sign a digital disclaimer on the myAU portal before receiving the U∙Pass.
What if I am unable to pick up the U∙Pass during the above dates and times?
Visit Parking & Commuter Services, located on the Terrace Level of the Don Myers Technology & Innovation Building following distribution on Sunday, August 29. The office is open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
When is my U∙Pass active?
Your U∙Pass will be active upon pick up! It is important to note that students who move below full-time status at any point in the semester will have their card deactivated.
I already have a U∙Pass. Do I need a new one?
Yes. All returning students with a U∙Pass will have to pick up a new card at any distribution location. Students also can recycle their old card at these locations.
I am on a waitlist for a course. Can I still pick up a U∙Pass?
No. Only full-time students who have been assessed the fee will be eligible for a U∙Pass. Once registered for a full-time course load, students may pick up a U∙Pass.
Additional Information & Questions
Information about the U∙Pass program and how to pick up your card is available from the Office of Parking & Commuter Services. If you have questions:
Parking & Commuter Services
Don Myers Technology & Innovation Building, Terrace Level
3501 Nebraska Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
Be sure to follow @ParkingatAU on Twitter for current information on the program and MetroAlerts.