- Contracts involving a third party's use of AU's intellectual property (such as university logos, marks, artwork, symbols, or copyrighted materials)
- Contracts involving the lease or purchase of real estate
- Contracts requiring AU to indemnify or insure an outside party
- Contracts involving off-campus educational programs or activities (such as international affiliation agreements, study abroad contracts, and student internships)
- Contracts that will give any provider of goods or services access to private or confidential information (such as information protected by FERPA, HIPAA, or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- Contracts involving the authority to open or maintain banking accounts for the university
- Contracts that may expose AU to other significant risk or liability
Use common sense; if something could be a problem, send it to PCD for review.