Materials requested through the WRLC usually take 2-5 business days to arrive at the library. They are held at the Circulation and Course Reserves Desk for 14 days from the day you receive the email that they have arrived.
All students and Staff: 6 weeks
Faculty: Fixed Dates - Jan 31, May 31, or Sept 30
How to complete a request
Books: Requests with the WRLC can be made by searching for a book through the AU Library Search (the main search box on the homepage). If the book is owned by a WRLC school, it can be requested by click the “CLS request” link which will direct you to a pre-populated request form.
Book Chapters: AU users may also request that scans of individual chapters be made and sent to their Library Account as a web doc. Copyright restrictions do apply and scan requests for more than 10% of an item will not be fulfilled.
Journal Volumes: Journal volumes held at the WRLC storage center may be ordered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the journal arrives it will be held at the borrowing desk for 10 days. All journal volumes are IN LIBRARY USE only.
Multimedia: All DVDs and other media located in the WRLC libraries are listed in the online catalog like books. Depending on home library policies, these may be available to AU faculty, staff and students through a regular request. Multimedia items are loaned for seven days and overdue fines are $5 per day. Consortium users are welcome to view any title on-site at Media Services.
Please note: AU users cannot use this type of request to obtain AU videos. If the title is available, you are more than welcome to come to the library and check it out in person.
Books: Books may be renewed online through your My Library Account up to 3 times. Additionally, books may be brought to AU Library in-person for re-check out (doing so will reset the three time renewal limit).
Journal Volumes: Journal volumes can be renewed by contacting the Interlibrary Loan Office at email@example.com.
Multimedia: Multimedia materials cannot be renewed beyond their original five day loan period. If you need media material for longer than five days, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Office.
To renew your materials online:
- Log in to your My Library Account
- Select a library in the left side menu that you currently have materials from.
- Click the “Renew all” link in the Loans box of the overview tab to renewal all items you have from the selected library. You may also renew items individually from the Loans tab for the selected library.
- Confirm the renewal status by checking for an updated due date on your items.
- Repeat this process for each library that you have materials from.
If you are having problems renewing, it may be for one of the following reasons:
- You have already renewed your books three times online and need to bring them to any consortium library to have them rechecked-out.
- A hold/recall has been placed on one of the books.
- You have $25.00 or more in library fines that you will need to pay off at any consortium library before you will be permitted to borrow further.
- Your library account has expired.
Faculty Proxy Information
Faculty proxy privileges extend to all materials borrowed from any of the member libraries of the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC). A proxy can be authorized by completing a Faculty Proxy Authorization Form and submitting it to the Circulation and Course Reserves Desk.