To find reserve materials by professor or course, visit your professor's Blackboard course page and click on the " Course Reserves" button.
Patrons must have a valid AU ID or a government issued photo ID in order to check out reserve materials. Reserve items must be returned directly to the reserve desk. Items not returned to the desk are subject to overdue fines. Access to reserve materials is provided on a first come, first served basis, however holds may be placed at the desk on checked out reserve items. Unfortunately we are not able to renew reserve items online or via email. If you would like to renew a reserve item, you must come to the desk. We will check to make sure there isn't a hold and then check it out to you again.
Reserves loan periods are designated by the instructor as either three-hour reserve and one-day reserve.
- One-day loans: These materials may leave the library and must be returned before the reserve desk closes on the day the materials are due.
- Three-hour loans: These materials may leave the library unless otherwise requested by the instructor. Overnight checkout is available for three-hour materials beginning 3 hours before closing. Overnight checkout materials are due the following morning promptly at opening and may be left in the overnight book drop.
- One-day Loans: $1.00 per day
- Three-hour Loans: $3.00 per hour prorated at $.05 per minute
- Patrons with more than $25.00 in library fines will not be able to access reserve materials.
General Education Titles
AU Library is keeping the cost of textbooks down by purchasing books that students can share. The library started this project in 2009 to place one copy of every required General Education (GenEd) text for the fall and spring semesters on reserve. Each text may be checked out for up to three hours from the Reserves/Circulation Desk on the ground floor of the library. All texts can be found through the library catalog and your instructor's Blackboard course page.