In order to best serve our students, while also maintaining safe practices during this time, the AU Library will be completing printing requests through a mediated printing strategy. This system will require AU students to choose a time to pick up their print jobs, and email their documents to be printed. Please refer to this step by step guide for assistance. The Print Center staff will then complete your printing request, and ensure that it is ready for you to pick up at your scheduled time.
Please follow this link to schedule your printing request: https://calendar.library.american.edu/spaces?lid=10824
Guide to Mediated Printing
Due to technical issues, we must limit the number of requested pages printed to 200 single-sided pages per student per day. If you need to print more than the given limit, please refer to the UPS store on campus. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Reserve a time to pick up your printed documents using this calendar.
- Please fill out the form completely
- You will receive a confirmation email once your booking is complete. Please check your spam folder if you do not see this email in your inbox within 10 minutes.
- Please note, all reservations must be made at least 2 hours in advance of when you would like to pick up a document.
- Email all documents you want printed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to use your AU email (ending in @student.american.edu)
- Within the email please include your full name and AUID.
- You will receive a second confirmation email from a staff member, which will include your envelope number.
- Pick up your print job at your scheduled time
- Contact us if you have any further questions, or there is an issue with your print job
- Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any further questions, you want to reschedule your pick up time, or there was a problem with your print job. We are happy to help.
Costs & Payment
The Library printers only accept EagleBucks or print funds. Students receive $25.00 per semester for printing needs. To check your print fund balance, please log into the Printing System and click the “Summary” in the upper right-hand corner. To access AU's printing system you must be on-campus or connected to the VPN. Visit here to find instructions on connecting to the VPN. If you did not receive print funds, please contact us.
Printing costs ten cents ($0.10) per page. All library printers default to double-sided printing to conserve paper.
Ink & Paper
The Library printers are able to print in black and white, and color. Paper sizes include 8.5 x 11, and 11 x 17. We are unable to print on A4 paper. Make sure that your file is formatted and saved with the correct paper size.
Current AU students are able to reserve a time slot to use the scanner located in the Lower Level lobby area. Reservations are limited to 30 minutes time slots. You can make a reservation for the scanner by using the reservation calendar here. Please check in with the Info Desk when you arrive for your scheduled timeslot. We provide sanitizing material at the scanner, and ask all students to sanitize the scanner before and after you’ve used it.