Collaborative Workroom Reservations
Welcome to Bender Library! Current AU students are able to reserve Collaborative Workrooms in the Library during the Fall and Spring semesters, from 9am until 6pm Monday – Friday. These rooms are intended for group study sessions. Please see our Group Study Room Policies for additional clarification, or feel free to contact the Library’s Information Desk with any questions you may have.
To view study room availability and make a reservation, please follow the steps below.
- Click on the date you want.
- Under “Category,” pick “Collaborative Workroom”
- Pick which room you would like to study in. By clicking on each seat link, you can see a picture of the space and a description of where it is in the building.
- Fill out the form using an AU (@american.edu or @student.american.edu) email address and fill out all required fields.
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your reservation. Click the link provided there to reserve.
- On the date of your reservation, you will be sent a reminder email.
When you arrive at the Library for your reservation:
- Enter the building through the doors on the left side. You will have to scan your AUID to enter.
- Please provide your name at the Info Desk so that the desk attendant can confirm your reservation. If you are unsure exactly where your workroom is, the desk attendant can provide you with directions.
- Check in by scanning the QR code in your workroom through the LibCal app.
- When it is your time to check out, use LibCal to check out and please leave in a timely fashion.
If you no longer need your reservation, please cancel using the link in the confirmation email to allow others to book the room. For collaborative workroom reservations, if your group is late by 15 minutes or more, you forfeit your reservation.
Health & Safety
In order to foster a safe study environment for all students, we will be following the AU Forward Health and Safety Plan. Some key points are listed below, but we encourage you to read the plan in its entirety before coming to campus. We thank you in advance for following these guidelines, as we all work to foster a Community of Care on campus together.
- Wear a Face Covering at All Times: This includes while outdoors, unless you are alone in your residence hall room or private office.
- Self-Screen and Report Daily: If you will be joining us in-person, daily self-screening and reporting through the AU portal is required each day that you will be on campus.
- Stay Home If You Have Symptoms: If you are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you have been in contact with someone that has COVID-19, do not report to campus. Self-isolate and notify the university through the AU portal.
- Report Confirmed Cases: Confirmed cases must be reported to the university through the AU portal's COVID-19 Resources page.
- Wash Your Hands Often: Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.