Centennial Hall is home to the first-year residents, housing over 400 students.
About the Hall
Centennial Hall is undergoing a comprehensive building renovation during the summer of 2021. The project will improve every aspect of the residential experience. From building systems and infrastructure improvements, to the modernization of social lounges, nearly every part of the building will be touched.
Project improvements include:
- Bedroom furniture: All bedroom furniture will be replaced with new adjustable furniture. Rooms will include a height adjustable bed, dual firmness mattress, desk, desk chair, small bookshelf, and two sets of drawers that can fit under the bed or be stacked.
- To view the new bedroom furniture, please visit the Centennial Hall Gallery on this page. The Virtual Tours depict the layout of the rooms but were captured before the renovation with the previous furniture.
- Suite bathrooms: The bathrooms will be completely renovated with a new shower, toilet, duel vanity, and mirror. The new air system will provide improved ventilation to the bathrooms as well.
- Lounges & Common spaces: Changes to the central lounge area will provide an open concept kitchen and social lounge with exposed ceilings, glass ‘store front’ style walls, and modern furniture. Two styles of study spaces offer casual group work spaces, as well as traditional study tables to support student’s focus on academics.
- Infrastructure: The building mechanical/HVAC distribution systems will be completely replaced, improving ventilation to individual suite bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as all common area spaces throughout the building.
Personalize Your Room
Decorative and additional items can be purchased from the HRL coordinated vendors through our Personalize Your Room webpage.
In-hall staff includes resident assistants (RAs) and a community director (CD). Centennial RAs live on each floor, acting as peer educators and helping residents transition to university life and connect to their community. The Centennial community has one CD, a professional staff member who supervises RAs to foster a living-learning environment to bridge the academic and residential experience.
- In room Wi-Fi
- Cable-ready TV with HDMI cord in lounge area
- Printer/copier services
- 24-hour front desk service
- Double and suite-style furnished rooms
- Single bathroom on every floor
- Community kitchen
Sink with garage disposal
Soft furniture - dining room table and chairs
- Independent study lounges
- Laundry rooms
- Vending machines
- Social areas
- Double suite-style furnished rooms
- Twin sized bed with built in storage (4 drawers)
- Shared bathrooms in suite with shower, dual sinks, double vanity with storage underneath, and toilet
- Windows with rollershade blides
- Wall vanity
- Desk, chair, and bookshelf
- Carpeted floors
- In-room Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi jacks
- Cable-ready outlet
- Double room, suite-style (shared bathroom) rendering. The furniture shown in this rendering depicts furniture from before the 2021 renovation. The link below depcits the current furniture.
- Centennial Hall furniture render Please be aware that these renderings only represent the new furniture and not the layout of the rooms which can be viewed through the link above.
Our virtual tours are representative of a given room type. Each space varies based on room sizes and dimensions. Each virtual tour includes some decorative items and a MicroFridge to show what the room looks like when occupied, but these items are not included in rooms.
Click below to view virtual tours of Centennial Hall:
The First Year Residential Experience, known as FYRE, is the umbrella community for all students that live on campus during their first-year (Anderson, Centennial, Letts & Roper Halls). Throughout the year, there are a ton of out-of-the classroom programs & opportunities for residents to learn, make connections, engage with other student support offices, and have fun.
Centennial Front desk: (202) 885-7700