Current Residents

As an American University student living on campus, you may participate in various housing processes throughout the year, such as room changes and returning room selection. If you are planning to study abroad next semester or move off campus, you must complete the appropriate processes.

Disability Accommodations Request

American University is committed to ensuring access to university programs and activities for all qualified students with disabilities. Students should contact the Academic Support and Access Center (ASAC) to initiate requests for housing accommodations related to a documented disability. Some examples of accommodations that American University may provide include: visual fire/smoke alarms; wheelchair accessible housing; accessibility features in room, bathroom, or common areas; double or single room placement; and/or support animals. Housing accommodations are not generally provided for academic-related needs, and allergen-free or quiet living environments are not guaranteed.

All-Gender Housing

We offer all-gender housing as an option to ensure AU's Residence Life is a supportive space for students of all gender identities and expressions. All-gender housing allows students to live with other students regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression.

Gender-Based Consideration Request

Students who have specific considerations based on their gender identity, such as access to a gender-neutral restroom or students seeking a trans-inclusive housing environment, may submit the Gender-Based Housing Consideration Form on the Center for Diversity & Inclusion's website.

Students Participating in Study Abroad

Students participating in study abroad during the fall or spring semesters will receive special instructions for each housing process. Please proceed to the individual process for specific details for study abroad students.