Committee on Learning Assessment Mission
In summer 2003, then-Provost Neil Kerwin appointed a Learning Outcomes and Assessment Committee made up of faculty and staff from across the AU community. The project committee has the following mission:
- To focus on understanding and improving student learning. Assessment is the tool that can enable a department to determine whether it is meeting its goals in student learning, but it is not the 'end' - it is a means to an end.
- To support and facilitate assessment activities that can best improve student learning.
- To facilitate the development of learning objectives across campus and to facilitate knowledge about these objectives.
- To foster the collection and dissemination of assessment information.
- To support, foster and document the appropriate use of assessment information for program improvement and promotion.
The Committee on Learning Assessment (COLA) is chaired by Garret Martin of the School of International Service.
Committee on Learning Assessment
Details can be found on the Faculty Senate website.