Briona Arradondo, SOC/MA '11
At first, I was in disbelief, then shock and awe since it was my first Emmy win.
Arrandondo currently files reports for WSMV early evening newscasts and occasionally fills in on the anchor desk for their morning and noon newscasts. She previously worked as a reporter at WTVC-TV in Chattanooga, TN and also worked as a weekend anchor and reporter at WTOV-TV in Steubenville, OH.
Over the past year, SOC has hosted top journalists including:
- Former Univision anchor Maria Elena Salinas
- Washington Post Editor Martin Baron
- CNN's Jake Tapper
- ABC News Senior White House Correspondent and SOC alumna Cecilia Vega
- NBC White House correspondent Kristen Welker
- Washington Post White House reporter and SOC MA alumna Seung Min Kim
- We embed students on the Washington Post investigative team where they work alongside professionals, contributing to in-depth, published projects.
- We leverage our long-standing relationships with NPR, NBC, CNN, CBS, Vox, National Geographic, Bloomberg BNA, USA TODAY and many more to provide you with exceptional internship, fellowship and career opportunities.
The latest on our students, alumni, professors and programs. Want more? Sign up for our newsletter.
Professor Terry Bryant took eight of his journalism students to Puerto Rico to cover the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
Zirinsky, who received her BA in journalism at AU School of Communication, will be the first woman to lead CBS News.
SOC Professor Sherri Williams has teamed with The Nation to launch "Black On Campus" to train the next generation of black journalists.
Students in professor Jane Hall’s Advanced Reporting class conducted interviews with students from DC-area colleges about the midterm elections.