The SPA Analytics and Management Institute (SAMI) is now open to SPA Graduate (Master’s and Doctoral) Alumni! We are pleased to extend to you the opportunity to revisit your days as a student, learn from – and network with – academic and professional experts, and bring new, cutting-edge skills to your current careers.
SAMI makes it easy for you to:
- Reengage with SPA: All SAMI classes are held on weekends to better fit your busy schedule. Choose from online or in-person classes.
- Learn a new skill: Choose from courses on anything from R to starting a nonprofit.
- Boost your resume: Take (and pass) any 3 SAMI classes and earn a Certificate in Analytics and Management. The certificate will not appear on your transcript but can be included in your resume.
Beginning Summer 2021, a limited number of spots reserved specifically for alumni are opening in SAMI classes! Choose from a wide variety of non-credit courses that develop the skills you need to continue advancing in your career. Spots in these 2-day, weekend-only classes are available to alumni for only $450 per course – 70% off the traditional per-credit cost! Non-credit classes appear on your transcript but do not count towards earning a degree. They are graded Pass or Fail.
- Register as a first-time non-degree student or follow the registration steps for continuing non-degree students (further instructions below).
- Enroll in your chosen classes! Do not let a waitlist discourage you – students frequently move on and off SAMI waitlists.
- Remit special, discounted tuition no later than the first day of class.
Ready to register? Browse upcoming SAMI courses and choose your favorites!
If this is your first-time taking classes after graduation, begin the registration process by following the steps below:
- Select your SAMI class! You can find exact dates, times, section numbers, and details in the Schedule of Classes. (Note, class information included in the schedule is still being updated as we move toward registration). We have limited spots open to alumni, but frequently move students on and off the waitlists, so you are encouraged to consider all classes that interest you!
- Log into your myAU Portal and submit the Non-Degree Student Enrollment Form.
- Add each course for which you would like to register in the selected term, selecting the Pass/Fail option when prompted. Note, all alumni sections of SAMI courses are 0-credit courses designated by SPA-085-90X.
- Since you are an AU Alum, you do not have to attach your official transcript!
- Once you have applied, AU Central will contact you with next steps in the enrollment process (typically 3-5 business days).
- You can submit the Non-Degree Student Enrollment Form at any time! AU Central registers approved, first-time non-degree students once registration opens: for Summer 2021 courses, registration opens March 22; for Fall, registration opens April 14.
- If the course is full, you will be added to an internal, SPA waitlist. SPAGradAffairs@american.edu will notify you when a spot opens!
- Pay your tuition! SAMI classes are available to alumni for a deeply discounted tuition rate of only $450 per course. Tuition is due no later than the first day of class.
- Need to change your registration? Email AUCentral@american.edu for help adding and/or dropping classes after you have registered.
Already a continuing non-degree student? Follow the steps for registration outlined here. For returning non-degree students, registration for Summer courses opens March 22; for Fall courses, registration opens March 25.