Are you interested in:
- Establishing and managing wellness programs for employees and their families?
- Developing effective media campaigns for emerging health issues?
- Helping clients achieve fitness and nutrition goals?
- Researching health policy and establishing state and national programs?
- Integrating health promotion and disease management activities into the healthcare system?
- Instituting innovative community-outreach programs?
- Advocating for health issues and promoting wellness in communities?
Welcome to the BS program in Health Promotion! Health promotion is an emerging discipline that responds to the increasing health concerns of Americans such as increasing regular physical activity, improving nutritional choices, and managing daily stress. This program has a 10-year history with graduates working in a variety of settings, such as government, hospital, and corporations; further, more than half of our graduates have gone on for advanced degrees primarily in the allied health field.
Please contact us to learn more:
- Physical Therapy Assistant, Tucker Rehabilitation Hospital -- Montvale, NJ
- Occupational Therapy Assistant, National Rehabilitation Hospital-- Washington, DC
- Rehab Aide, Schneider Regional Medical Center -- St Thomas, VI
- Assistant to the Athletic Specialist, Riekes Center for Humans Enhancement -- Menlo Park, CA
- Physical Therapy Aide, Metro Orthopedics and Sports Therapy -- Silver Spring, MD
- Assurance and Patient Safety Intern, Mercy Medical Center -- Baltimore, MD
Corporate Health Promotion
- Minority Health Intern, Kaiser Permanente -- Rockville, MD
- Lifeworks and Diversity Intern, Discovery Channel -- Silver Spring, MD
- Fitness Instructor, World Bank Fitness Center -- Washington, DC
- Health and Fitness Intern, L&T Fitness -- Washington, DC
Health Promotion in Different Settings (school, university, non-profit)
- Health Promotion Specialist, Bradley Wellness Center -- Bethesda, MD
- Assistant Teacher, Appletree Early Learning Center -- Washington, DC
- Research Assistant in Neurology Lab, University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine -- Irvine, CA
- Health and Wellness Intern, Adventist HealthCare Health and Wellness -- Rockville, MD
- Educational Policy Intern, Urban Education Leaders Internship Program, DCPS -- Washington, DC
- Assistant Coach and Researcher, Infinity Wellness Foundation -- Washington, DC
- Client Relations Intern, A Wider Circle -- Washington, DC
- Assistant to the Partnership Program Manager, DC Central Kitchen-- Washington, DC
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Georgetown University -- Washington, DC