This form may be used to anonymously report hazing activity. Every member of the University community is responsible for reporting actual or suspected hazing activities to the Dean of Students office or to Public Safety as soon as possible.
American University has a strong commitment to the development of students, the promotion of civility, and the expectation that students will act responsibly. Housing & Residence Life (HRL) supports & encourages the development of residential environments that complement these goals.
Community standards have been established in the residence halls with a combination of the Student Conduct Code, specifically the Residence Hall Regulations, and the Housing License Agreement. In addition, HRL collaborates with Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution Services to ensure that residents live in an environment that enable them to achieve personal satisfaction and contribute to their community.
- Academic Year Housing Rates
- Housing License Agreement (2021-2022)
- Residence Hall Posting Policy
- Residence Hall Distribution Policy
- Residence Hall Tabling Policy
- All-Gender Housing
- Student Conduct Code (Current Residence Hall Guest Policy (as of 5/14/2021):
- For guests visiting , please note the following prohibited items.
Note: this policy is subject to change as the university modifies operation in response to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Residents are not permitted to allow non-AU affiliated guests or visitors, or non-residential students access to any residence hall or property operated by AU Housing & Residence Life. Residents will be limited to one (1) guest at a time, and no more than one (1) guest in a bedroom at a time.
- Only students who live in an AU-operated building can be guests in any other AU-operated building.
- Residential guests will be required to check in with their host resident at the front desk of the building and are expected to check out when departing.
- Non-AU affiliated persons (this includes family members) and AU affiliated persons who live in a non-AU operated property will not be allowed to visit any residential building.
- Housing Cancellation and Termination
- Residential Living Agreement (Traditional)
- Residential Living Agreement (Apartment & Suite)