This page has been updated as of Tuesday, September 12, 2023. To follow the university's updates on how we navigate through COVID for the semester, please see this webpage.
If you're living in AU Housing and test positive for Covid, here's what you need to know about how to proceed.
Residential Students: Isolate in Room
Any student who lives in AU-operated housing and tests positive must either:
- Self-isolate in their room for the full length of isolation; or,
- Find alternate accommodations outside of AU Housing spaces (such as at home) during isolation. Students will not be relocated or be permitted to move to any other residence hall during the isolation period.
Guide for Students Isolating in Room
On-campus residents must isolate in their current residence hall room but can leave to acquire food and supplies, attend medical appointments, and conduct other necessary activities while masking.
If You're Exposed
If you're a roommate or have been exposed to a student diagnosed with COVID, here's what you should be doing:
- Start wearing a mask as soon as you find out you were exposed (if it has been less than 10 days since exposure.)
- Take precautions and wear a mask for 10 days, as you can still develop COVID-19 up to 10 days after exposure.
- Get tested at least 5 days after your last exposure.
- If negative, take precautions through Day 10 post-exposure.
- If positive, isolate immediately.
- If symptoms develop at any time in the 10 days after exposure, self-isolate immediately and get tested.
Communicate directly with each of your professors to make arrangements for missing any work while you are sick and/or self-isolating. Faculty have the discretion to make alternative arrangements when students are sick. You can also contact your academic advisor for additional support. If your absence from class is longer than a few consecutive days and you have sought medical attention, you should contact the Office of the Dean of Students for additional support.
Get Well Soon Meals are available to any residential student who cannot to leave their room due to illness. Contact the AU Kitchen for assistance.
As stated above, feel free to leave your room to get food otherwise, provided you are wearing a mask and following protocols.
You may pick up packages from mail services (wearing a mask and following all protocols).
You may also have packages delivered to the building, but will need to leave the room (wearing a mask and following all protocols) to pick them up from the delivery person. The front desk cannot hold items.
Resources and Questions
Email email@example.com for questions you may have or support needed.