THE STATISTICAL CONSULTING CENTER WILL RESUME ITS SERVICE IN SPRING 2016.
Fridays 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
We are located in the Research Commons Area, in the Library (first floor)
The Statistical Consulting Center is a free service offered to American University students, faculty and staff. We also provide services to clients from off-campus. We aim to provide assistance with statistics-related problems in clients’ research arenas. The Statistical Consulting Center is run by graduate statistics students enrolled in American University’s MS program and supervised by at least one statistics faculty member.
Services we offer to clients (this is not a comprehensive list):
- Determination of sample sizes and randomization of subjects
- Design of survey sampling and experiments
- Choice of the proper statistical methods for studies
- Transformation and import of data into desired statistical software packages
- Interpretation of statistical analysis results
- Assessment of the power of your statistical tests (power analysis)
- Software support for major statistical software packages: R, SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.
- Assistance with the statistics section of your manuscript
- Walk-in service: Research Commons Area, Library (first floor), Fridays 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Feel free to contact us prior to coming to our walk-in hours via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Availability during walk-in hours is subject to the number of clients present.
- We reserve the right to limit the amount of time dedicated to a single client.
- If your needs are outside the scope of our center, we may refer you to an outside resource.
- The Statistical Consulting Center is not a tutoring center for assistance with students’ statistics coursework.