The Statistical Consulting Center will be closed during the Summer.
Services will be resumed in the Fall semester.
Gray Hall Bentley Lounge Room 130 on Fridays 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
The Statistical Consulting Center is a free service offered to American University students, faculty and staff. We also provide services to clients from off-campus. We aim to provide assistance with statistics-related problems in clients’ research arenas. The Statistical Consulting Center is run by graduate statistics students enrolled in American University’s MS program and supervised by at least one statistics faculty member.
Services we offer to clients (this is not a comprehensive list):
- Determination of sample sizes and randomization of subjects
- Design of survey sampling and experiments
- Choice of the proper statistical methods for studies
- Transformation and import of data into desired statistical software packages
- Interpretation of statistical analysis results
- Assessment of the power of your statistical tests (power analysis)
- Software support for major statistical software packages: R, SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.
- Assistance with the statistics section of your manuscript
- Walk-in service: Gray Hall, Bentley Lounge Room 130, Fridays 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. Feel free to contact us by email prior to coming to our walk-in hours.
- Appointments outside of these hours may be scheduled by via email: email@example.com
- Availability during walk-in hours is subject to the number of clients present.
- We reserve the right to limit the amount of time dedicated to a single client.
- If your needs are outside the scope of our center, we may refer you to an outside resource.
- The Statistical Consulting Center is not a tutoring center for assistance with students’ statistics coursework.