Asbury Building South Wing, Rooms 307 & 309
4400 Massachussetts Avenue (near Nebraska Ave.)
AU Mobile Map/Guidance: Asbury Building
Please see below for details about
Map to Asbury Building
The accessible entrance to Asbury is available along the building's left or southwest side, adjacent to a small parking lot. The small lot has limited accessible parking but more is available in the Bender Garage parking deck with easy elevator access.
The accessible entrance is the most direct route to the clinic. Follow the sidewalk downhill to enter the automatic doors; the elevator will be to your right. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor and a CYARD staff member will greet you. For further accommodations or help upon arrival, please contact us: 202-885-6537.
Visitors may also enter via the Asbury South Wing front door. From the steps to the third floor, follow a long hall past the Department of Psychology offices. At the end, turn right to rooms 307 and 309.
See also: AU Disability Access Map.
Glover Gate to Asbury & Parking Deck
Please use the AU mobile map with directions to Asbury Building and see below for AU campus details:
- From Massachusetts Avenue, turn into the main campus through Glover Gate (4400 Massachusetts), opposite the Katzen Arts Center.
- Follow the main driveway 0.2 miles, down a hill and through the parking deck tunnel, passing stores and the AU Athletics ticket office.
- At the end of the tunnel, Asbury Building and the Bender Garage parking deck entrance will be to your right.
Clinic staff can arrange for you to use a parking pass; if needed, please inquire when making your appointment. Except for reserved spaces, AU parking is free after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends/holidays.
Bender Garage parking deck is adjacent to Asbury Building.
- From inside the parking deck, use the west side doors toward Bender Arena for easiest access to elevators.
- Take the elevator down to 1st floor.
- From the elevator, proceed straight through the small lobby and ticket office to the exterior doorway.
- Turn right as you get outside and follow the brick sidewalk 150 feet to the end of the tunnel. Asbury will be on the right.
From Tenleytown/AU Metro
AU provides a free shuttle from the Tenleytown/AU Metro to campus every 15 minutes:
Tenleytown station east exit or the elevator.
- Proceed downhill (away from Wisconsin Ave. toward Wilson High School and Pool) 100 feet to the AU Shuttle stop on 42nd St.
- You can use both the Red and Blue Lines of the AU Shuttle, which will take about 5 minutes to campus. Track the location of the shuttle online or with the Street Eagle Transit app, available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Exit the bus at the AU Shuttle main terminal stop at Letts/Anderson Halls.
- See AU mobile map for directions to Asbury Building, or just walk through the Letts/Anderson outdoor courtyard to the far side.
- From the far end of Letts/Anderson courtyard, proceed ahead downhill and bearing slightly left to the main AU driveway and Asbury. You'll see the McKinley Building to your right and the parking deck and tunnel ahead.
From the Tenleytown/AU Metro stop to Asbury is 1.4 miles. Heading south on Wisconsin Avenue, turn right on Nebraska Avenue (at the Tenley Campus) and continue to Ward Circle. Turn right at Massachusetts Avenue and walk along the Katzen Arts Center until you reach the stoplight at Glover Gate. Turn left to enter the main campus driveway and follow the directions (above) to the tunnel and Asbury building.
Please use the AU mobile map for directions to the Asbury Building.