Reimagining students’ aspirations and futures through college and career opportunities
CPRS—Center for Postsecondary Readiness and Success: Founded in 2018, the Center for Postsecondary Readiness and Success concentrates its research, professional development opportunities, and knowledge dissemination on improving the postsecondary opportunities for students who are historically disenfranchised and underrepresented on college campuses. We foster a collaborative approach to research in which we work alongside our community partners and school practitioners (e.g., school counselors, teachers, administrators) to increase the rate of college and career readiness. Practitioners and policymakers can then use findings from our research to effect change.
CPRS’s mission is to disrupt “colorblind” practices and policies in college/career access by working alongside community partners, policymakers, and school practitioners.
The Center aims to dismantle systemic racist and oppressive practices and policies in college and career readiness and access by focusing on the following four areas:
- Professional Development: The Center provides virtual and in-person professional development opportunities for related stakeholders---educators, school counselors, college advisors, school leaders.
- Data, Research & Evaluation: The Center conducts research that seeks to dismantle a host of systemic policy and practice challenges in postsecondary preparation and readiness systems in P-12 settings. Youth Programming: The Center conducts evidence-based programming that seeks to enhance college and career exploration and readiness of preK-12 youth.
- Youth Programming: The Center conducts evidence-based programming that seeks to enhance college and career exploration and readiness of preK-12 youth.
- Advocacy: The Center advocates for policies and practices that eliminate barriers to college and career success of youth, particularly those from historically oppressed groups and communities.
CPRS Community Impact
Dean Cheryl Holcomb-McCoy's new book, Antiracist Counseling in Schools and Communities, was published on September 8, 2021 by the American Counseling Association! Read more.
- Check out Antiracist School Counselor Preparation: Expanding on the Five Tenets of the Transforming School Counseling Initiative article!