As we reflect this year on the outstanding achievements of American University students, faculty, staff, and alumni over a period of uncertainty and change, we recognize the powerful impact that our AU Changemakers have on our community and on the world. The pillars of our strategic plan Changemakers for a Changing World — scholarship, learning, and community — guide us as we continue to move forward with momentum.
Our annual University Awards recognize members of the AU family who epitomize our legacy of leadership, scholarship, and service, as well as our work to create meaningful change. We are excited to recognize those in our community who are leaders in accepting the challenge and know that Change Can’t Wait! If you know someone who deserves this special recognition, I invite you to nominate them. You can read more about the awards, selection criteria, deadlines, and submission process details on the University Awards website.
Nominations are due:
- Friday, January 21 for alumni awards
- Wednesday, February 16 for faculty awards
- Wednesday, March 2 for staff awards
- Wednesday, March 23 for student awards
We’ll honor the awardees at the following times:
- Faculty Recognition Event on Sunday, April 24
- Student Recognition for Graduates in May 2022
- Staff Appreciation Week, June 2022
- Alumni Recognition in spring 2022
I am thankful for the contributions of every member of our community, especially over this period of challenge, and I hope you will help us identify and celebrate the members of our community whose commitment to AU is exemplary.
Be safe and be well.