Here you can find recent media relevant to CDR and the Institute, recent and past events
Here you can find recent articles from staff or pieces that include the Institute's Resources, quote our staff & fellows.
"Is Sucking Carbon Out of the Air the Solution to Our Climate Crisis?" Clive Thompson, Mother Jones, November + December Issue 2021
“How the largest direct air capture plant will suck CO2 out of the atmosphere,” Justine Calma, The Verge, September 9, 2021
“The World’s Biggest Plant to Suck Carbon Dioxide From the Sky Is Up and Running,” Molly Taft, Gizmodo, September 8, 2021
- “Activists Call It A ‘False Solution.’ But UN Scientists Say We Need To Suck Up CO2.” Alexander C. Kaufman, Huffington Post, August 14, 2021
- "Oil companies are gambling the climate on a future that hasn’t yet been invented” Ed Lamb. NewStatesmen. August 6th, 2021
- "Controversial geoengineering scheme will dump iron in the sea," Adam Vaughn, New Scientist, June 29th, 2021
- "A Landmark Report Calls for Stopping New Fossil Fuel Development Next Year," Molly Taft, Gizmodo, May 19th, 2021
- "Clock’s running out on climate change. California says it’s time for giant carbon vacuum," Evan Halper, Los Angeles Times, April 19th, 2021
- "Is There Anything Funny About the Climate Crisis?" Bill McKibben, The New Yorker, March 10th, 2021
- "Why a Political Philosopher Is Thinking About Carbon Removal," Interview with Olúfẹ́mi Táíwò, The Atlantic Weekly Planet, March 3rd, 2021
- "Carbon dioxide removal Nature-based and technological solutions," European Parliament Think Tank Briefing Toward Climate Neutrality, February 23rd, 2021
- "CCU: Dangerous distraction or essential for the energy transition?" Energy Monitor, February 4th, 2021
- "Seeing the Forest for the Trees?: The Role of Afforestation and Reforestation in Combating Climate Change," Wil Burns, American Bar Assocation, January 18th, 2021
- "Businesses Aim to Pull Greenhouse Gases From the Air. It’s a Gamble," New York Times, January 18th, 2021
- "Op-ed: A trillion trees to fight climate change sounds nice. Here's what it misses," Wil Burns The Indy Star, December 20th, 2020
- "Carbon offsets ‘do almost nothing’: United Airlines will fund plant to clean the air" Chicago Tribune, December 10th 2020
- "Big Tech Has a Big Climate Problem. Now, It’s Being Forced to Clean Up." The New York Times, July 21st, 2020
Here you can find recent appearances from ICRLP staff to speak on varying issues pertaining to CDR and the work being done at the Institute
"Decarbonization: The View from Some Economic Sectors," March 25, 2021 w/ Simon Nicholson 2021, Pathways to a Decarbonized Economy and a More Livable Planet Webinar Series at American University
"Climate and Sustainability Webinar," January 21st 2021 w/ Wil Burns, Ubiq webinars
"A Research Strategy for Ocean Carbon Dioxide Removal and Sequestration: Workshop Series, Part 1," January 19th 2021 w/ Wil Burns and David Morrow at The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
Here you can find links to our most recent webinars, and information on our upcoming webinars
"A New Policy Framework for Incentivizing Negative Emissions," September 28, 2021
"Carbon Dioxide Removal via BECCS in a Carbon-Neutral Europe," September 10, 2021
"The Prospects for Carbon Dioxide Removal in California," August 25, 2021
Here you can find links to our most recent papers and reports from ICRLP staff and fellow
Recent Book Chapters:
"It Would Be Irresponsible, Unethical, and Unlawful to Rely on NETs at Large Scale Instead of Mitigation," Duncan McLaren & Wil Burns, Debating Climate Law
- "Carbon Removal and the Dangers of Extractivism" Simon Nicholson, Our Extractive Age
- "A Deliberative Orientation to Governing Carbon Dioxide Removal: Actionable Recommendations for National-Level Action" Amanda Borth & Simon Nicholson. Frontiers in Climate. July, 2021.
- "From Moral Hazard to Risk-Response Feedback" David Morrow, et al. Climate Risk Management. May, 2021.
- "Splitting Climate Engineering Governance: How Problem Structure Shapes Institutional Design" Sikina Jinnah, David Morrow and Simon Nicholson. Global Policy. April, 2021.
- "Adaptation and Carbon Removal" David Morrow et al. One Earth. October, 2020
- "Sustainable Carbon Removal" David R Morrow. & Simon Nicholson.