Memorandum May 17, 2016
- American University Community
- Jeff Sine, Chairman, Presidential Search Committee
- Presidential Search Update
I am writing on behalf of the American University
Presidential Search Committee with an update, which I will do from time to time throughout our search.
First, I want to thank everyone who participated in the recent listening sessions. The sessions were invaluable to the search committee as we consider the skills, experiences, and attributes we will seek in AU's next president. Your thoughtful comments will inform our discussions and decisions as we write a compelling opportunity statement that reflects our university's thoughts, values, and beliefs and will help us to attract the very best candidates.
The search committee will continue to meet throughout the summer; our primary activity will be to compile a list of potential prospects whom we intend to meet with in the late summer or early fall.
I also want to let you know that the Faculty Senate met during the first week of May to discuss the presidential search. We will continue to benefit from the valuable perspective of and ideas from the Senate and other important campus bodies.
We invite you to continue to provide us with thoughts about the university and your hopes for our next president, and we offer a number of ways that you might do this.
- You can speak directly with any member of the search committee or email us. We invite you to share candidate nominations via the confidential email address we have established for the search, AmericanUPres@spencerstuart.com.
- For other suggestions or comments on the search, feel free to contact us through our AU hosted site, PresSearch@american.edu.
Thank you, again, for your participation in the search. I will provide regular search updates in the coming weeks.