The Veteran's Lounge provides a space for the AU military community to gather for camaraderie and mutual support toward achieving academic objectives
- Oversight of the Veterans Lounge is the responsibility of the Office of the Vice President of Campus Life.
- Daily Management.
- Daily management of the lounge is assigned to the Operations staff of Mary Graydon Center.
- The Veterans Lounge (Room 207 Asbury Building) is open during the hours when the Asbury Building is open: 7:00 am - 11 pm, Monday - Friday; closed on weekends. Operations staff will begin to secure the Lounge for closing at 10:30 pm on weekdays.
- Access to the Lounge is by ID card touch. All veteran, active duty/reserve service member and dependent students are authorized to use the Lounge. Access is administered by Valerie Verra, Veterans Services Administrator.
- Resource Development.
- The Veterans Liaison Network is charged with developing the Lounge's resources and programming.
- Military Certifications.
- American University's Veterans Services Administrator is Valerie Verra. Her office is adjacent to the Veterans Lounge in AU Central, 201 Asbury.
- Gift Support.
- Support for the continuing development of the Lounge and its resources is invited through gifts to the " Veterans Resource Center fund," administered by the Office of Campus Life.