Get ready to run this spring with our virtual training program! Whether you are looking to complete your first 5k, build up to a 10k, or just stay motivated to run, stay on track and connect with other AU runners over the course of 10 weeks.
- Follow a 5k or 10k training program provided by a certified running coach.
- Receive weekly emails and virtual support from the coach.
- Complete runs when and where it is convenient for you.
- NEW! Bi-weekly check-ins. Join Coach Bri and other runners for a quick check-in every other Monday at 12:00pm on Microsoft Teams. Begins Monday, March 8.
- Stay connected with other runners through the Couch to 5k/10k Facebook group.
How you complete the final run is up to you! You can run the distance on your own, or choose a virtual race to participate in.
Spring 2021 Races and Race Calendars
Here are some tips for safely completing your training runs:
- Give yourself plenty of space. Find streets or trails that are less crowded, or run during times when fewer people are outside.
- Mix up your running route. Find a new park, trail, or neighborhood to run through for a change of scenery and terrain.
- Keep things interesting. If your running options are limited, try listening to a podcast or running with a partner to make the run more exciting.
Fun fact! Coach Brianna Belo (Bri) ran for American University's Varsity Women's track/cross country team as an undergraduate up until her final semester as a Masters student at AU.
Points to AhealthyU Game Players
Earn 10 points for completing at least one training run weekly for all 10 weeks.