American University is currently planning for fall 2021 move-in. We will share the details of fall move-in with all residents in mid-June 2021. At this time, we anticipate that students will move in during the weeks leading up to the start of fall courses on August 30. Each student will be assigned a specific date and time to move-in. The process to select your arrival will be shared in mid-June.
Move-in day is an important day for you and your family. Check your AU email and this webpage throughout the summer for updates from Housing and Residence Life.
Additional information about move-in will be released in July and emailed directly to residential students’ AU e-mail addresses in preparation for their August arrival.
- All Students (first-year, transfer, graduate, returner & WMP):
- Move-in Dates: August 16th – August 20th
- Move-in Times: Each student will have an assigned move-in date and time. Additional information will be sent in an email in July and will also be visible on the homepage of the Housing Portal.
- Move-In Webinars: We will be hosting a number of webinars to help you prepare for your arrival to campus. The recordings can be found here:
- Incoming Student Move-In Webinar (Recorded July 6, 2020)
- Guests/Parents at Move-in:
- During move-in, students will be allowed to bring 2 (two) individuals inside the residence halls for a period of two hours. These limitations are intended to reduce the number of individuals congregating in the residence halls. Pre-registration will be required in early August. A separate message will be sent to you with registration information.
- Preparing for your move-in
- Please visit our Before You Arrive for webpage for everything you need to know to plan for a smooth arrival to campus!