We offer private group exercise classes for student organizations, academic classes, and other campus affiliates. Classes will be hosted through Zoom during Summer 2021. We offer a wide variety of class formats suitable for all fitness levels and can tailor the event to your group's needs!
Summer's Here! We are now offering a variety of weekly virtual group exercise classes through Zoom and in-person classes to get moving together towards a healthy lifestyle.
Reserve your spot now! Registration is required to participate in virtual Group X classes. Register your free IMLeagues account using your American University email click here.
We have partnered with Georgetown University to announce Group X Plus, a Collegiate Virtual Group Fitness program! American University students, faculty, and staff can register for Georgetown University virtual group fitness classes.
Beginning June 28, all in-person Group Exercise Classes will be held at Jacobs Fitness Center.
Registration for in-person classes opens one week prior to the session date. You must register for each class you wish to attend through IMLeagues.
Please Note: All in-person group fitness classes are currently open to students, faculty, and staff. All indoor classes will reach capacity at 12 participants.
Make sure you have an active IMLeagues account with American University. This is required in order for you to reserve your class spot.
To join our in-person Group X classes, you must register your spot on IMLeagues.
Reservations open at 8:00 AM, 7 days in advance. Reservations close 1-hour prior to class start time. All in-person classes will reach capacity at 15 participants.
Patrons must complete daily health screening prior to coming to campus. If you are not feeling well or experiencing COVID symptoms, please cancel your reservation and stay home.
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before the start of class. You MUST have a reservation in IMLeagues AND MUST have your AUID with you to participate. Patrons must complete daily health screening prior to coming to campus. If you are not feeling well or experiencing COVID symptoms, please cancel your reservation and stay home.
All Summer Session 2 Indoor Group X classes will be held at Jacobs Fitness Center Studio.
- Equipment and Face Masks - Individuals participating in indoor classes will be provided equipment. A proper face covering is required while participating in any in-person Group X Classes. Masks must be worn in a way that covers your nose and mouth. Masks can be removed to drink water but must be worn during group exercise class.
- Social Distancing - Participants must remain 6 feet apart during In-person Group X class; Group X Instructor will direct participants to desginated spot for class.
- Cancellations - All in-person classes are limited to 12 participants. Patrons must cancel and forefit their spot 24 hours in advance. Patrons must complete daily health screening prior to coming to campus. If you are not feeling well or experiencing COVID symptoms, please cancel your reservation and stay home.
Register on IMLeagues! Registration is required for each session you wish to attend.
- Log into your IMLeagues account. Students, Faculty, and Staff are eligible to register for an IMLeagues account using their American University email.
- Click the Group Exercise tab in the blue banner under American University.
- Scroll down until you see the calendar (or click on the calendar tab).
- Find the class you want to register for and click the green Sign Up button to the right. This will take you to the class information page. The green Sign Up button is visible if registration is open.
- Read the liability release and click Accept at the botton of the page. Click Sign Up. You have successfully joined the session!
- You will receive a confirmation email from IMLeagues with details on how to access session information and links.
This 45-minute High Intensity Interval Training class combines a variety of strength, plyometric, and anerobic bodyweight movements to get you in shape. Boot Camp will challenge you through bursts of exercise and short recovery breaks. All levels are welcome!
Your core is the foundation of all your strength. This 30-minute class will develop and strengthen all the muscles of your core including your abs, glutes, and lower back.
Gentle candlelight fosters an atmosphere of tranquility, liberation, and self-realization through movement. You will flow through various postures that promote increased strength, focus and flexibility. This class is a great way to unwind from your day! Equipment will be provided.
Center your mind and body while flowing through various postures that promote increased strength, focus and flexibility. This 45-minute class will introduce foundational yoga postures, teach you how to breath and help you feel more comfortable in the yoga practice. Open to all levels.
This yoga class integrate postures that focus on strengthening the muscles in your core. You will flow through a variety of core postures and twists to strengthen the abs, glutes, and lower back.
Get your flow on in this dynamic yoga class! Yoga Flow links movement and breath creating a sense of flow and release tension. You'll glide and flow into a blissful relaxation. All levels are welcome and will leave feeling centered and renewed.
Barreless Barre is a full body workout that combines techinques from pilates, yoga, and ballet. This 45-minute workout is a high repetition muscle conditioning class focusing on postural strength and alightment. All exercise levels welcome and no equipment necessary!
Full body workout that combines techniques from Pilates, Yoga, and Ballet. Barre 360 is a low-impact class that focuses on high repetitions of small range movements utilizing body weight, resistance bands, the barre and much more!
Join us for fun, dance and fitness that incorporates many styles of dance, international rhythms, and a club-like atmosphere that leaves all Zumba participants hooked! No dance experience is required.
This hour long indoor cycling ride is set to exhilarating beats. The instructor will lead you through a unique blend of climbs, flats, and sprints to the beat of the music.