Faculty Publications and Working Papers
This listing includes publications and working papers by the Director, Faculty Associates, and research assistants of the Center for Environmental Policy that relate to the themes of the Center and the general topic of environmental governance.
Publications are products in final form and have been published in a journal, book, or by a research organization. Working papers are still under revision or development. The authors welcome comments and suggestions on the working papers. However, they should not be cited or quoted without the author's permission. Reports are outputs of Center work products.
Articles and Book Chapters
- Fiorino, D. (2018). Teaching environmental policy in an era of polarization and misrepresentation. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, 8, 179-182.
- Eisenstadt, T., Fiorino, D., Stevens, D. (2018). National environmental policies as shelter from the storm: specifying the relationship between extreme weather vulnerability and national environmental performance. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, 1-12.
- Fiorino, D. (2014). Streams of Environmental Innovation: Four Decades of EPA Policy Reform. Environmental Law, 44, 723-760.
- Fiorino, D., Bhan, M. (2014). Supply Chain Management as Private Sector Regulation: What does it Mean for Business Strategy and Public Policy? Business Strategy and the Environment, 310-322.
- Liang, J., Fiorino, D. (2013). The Implications of Policy Stability for Renewable Energy Innovation in the United States, 1974–2009. Policy Studies Journal, 41, 97-118.
- Fiorino, D. (2011). Explaining national environmental performance: approaches, evidence, and implications. Policy Sciences, 44, 367-389.
- Robert F. Durant. National Defense, Environmental Regulation, and Overhead Democracy: A View from the 'Greening' of the U.S. Military, Public Organization Review: A Global Journal, vol. 10:3 (September 2010), 223-244.
- Daniel J. Fiorino. Sustainability as a Conceptual Focus in Public Administration, Public Administration Review, vol. 70:s1 (December 2010), 78-88.
- Daniel J. Fiorino. Voluntary Initiatives, Regulation, and Nanotechnology Oversight: Charting a Path (Washington, DC: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 2010).
- Eisenstadt, Todd, and Jones West, Karleen. Who Speaks for Nature? Indigenous Movements, Public Opinion, and the Petro-State in Ecuador. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Fiorno, Daniel J., Can Democracy Handle Climate Change? Hoboken, NY: Wiley 2018
- Fiorno, Daniel J. A Good Life on a Finite Earth: The Political Economy of Green Growth. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Meadowcroft, James, and Fiorino, Daniel J., eds. Conceptual Innovation in Environmental Policy. Cambridge, MA: MIT, 2017.
- Durant, Robert F. The Greening of the U.S. Military: Environmental Policy, National Security, and Organizational Change. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2007.
- Fiorino, Daniel J. The New Environmental Regulation. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT, 2006.
- Durant, Robert F., Fiorino, Daniel J., and O’Leary, Rosemary, eds. Environmental Governance Reconsidered: Challenges, Choices, and Opportunities. Cambridge, MA: MIT. 2004.
- Bahler, Karen, Weted, Carley, and Laguna, Theo Affonso. Lead Pipes and Environmental Justice: A study of lead pipe replacement in Washington, DC. March 2020.
- Reeder, John. MOVING FORWARD: Future Directions for EPA and Environmental Protection. December 2019.