Faculty Publications and Working Papers
This listing includes publications and working papers by the Director, Faculty Associates, and research assistants of the Center for Environmental Policy that relate to the themes of the Center and the general topic of environmental governance.
Publications are products in final form and have been published in a journal, book, or by a research organization. Working papers are still under revision or development. The authors welcome comments and suggestions on the working papers. However, they should not be cited or quoted without the author's permission.
Articles and Book Chapters
- René W. Aubourg, David H. Good and Kerry Krutilla. Debt, Democratization, and Development in Latin America: How Policy Can Affect Global Warming, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 27:1 (2008), 7-19.
- Karen Baehler. Social Sustainability: New Zealand Solutions for Tocqueville's Problem, Social Policy Journal of New Zealand, issue 31 (July 2007), 22-40.
- Robert F. Durant and Jerome S. Legge, Jr. Public Opinion, Risk Assessment, and Biotechnology: Lessons from Attitudes toward GMO Foods in the European Union, Review of Policy Research, vol. 27: 1 (January 2010), 59-76.
- Robert F. Durant. National Defense, Environmental Regulation, and Overhead Democracy: A View from the 'Greening' of the U.S. Military, Public Organization Review: A Global Journal, vol. 10:3 (September 2010), 223-244.
- Daniel J. Fiorino. Sustainability as a Conceptual Focus in Public Administration, Public Administration Review, vol. 70:s1 (December 2010), 78-88.
- Daniel J. Fiorino. Voluntary Initiatives, Regulation, and Nanotechnology Oversight: Charting a Path (Washington, DC: Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, 2010).
- Daniel J. Fiorino and Manjyot Bhan. Environmental Regulation with Supply Chains: Comparing Private and Public Regulation.
- Daniel J. Fiorino and Riordan Frost. How Inequality Limits our Environmental Policy Capacities.
- Riordan Frost. Discretion, Incentives, and Converging Priorities: Urban Sustainability in Massachusetts.
- Riordan Frost a Daniel J. Fiorino. The Pilot Eco-Efficiency Index: A New State Environmental Ranking for Researchers and Government.
- Odelia Funke. Governing Environmental Impacts from Hydraulic Fracturing: Complex Issues in a Complex Democratic Framework.
- Fiorno, Daniel K., Can Democracy Handle Climate Change? Hoboken, NY: Wiley 2018
- Fiorno, Daniel J. A Good Life on a Finite Earth: The Political Economy of Green Growth. New York, NY: Oxford Scholarship, 2018.
- Meadowcroft, James, and Fiorino, Daniel J., eds. Conceptual Innovation in Environmental Policy. Cambridge, MA: MIT, 2017.
- Fiorino, Daniel J. The New Environmental Regulation. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT, 2006.
- Durant, Robert F. The Greening of the U.S. Military: Environmental Policy, National Security, and Organizational Change. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2007.