Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Tuesday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm Wednesday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm Thursday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program offers research, study and teaching opportunities in over 140 countries to recent graduates and graduate students. In five of the past six years, AU was named a Fulbright “Top Producing Institution” by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Since 2000, more than 120 AU students have been awarded Fulbright grants to countries ranging from Austria to Zambia. Where will a Fulbright take you?
Grants are available for independent research, English-language teaching assistantships, and other opportunities ranging from studying an instrument to working in a foreign government. Some interesting recent research topics have included:
- Local capacities of water scarcity adaptation in Lombok, Indonesia
- The organizational culture of Austrian police from 1918 to 1955
- Whether permaculture can compete economically with more traditional food production systems in Canada
- How financially constrained residents experience urban renewal in Istanbul
- How different water strategies by aid and government agencies affect Jordan’s water accessibility during periods of large refugee influxes.
Countries where AU students have been Fulbrighters since 2000: Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, South Africa, South Korea, Sierra Leone, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Venezuela, and Zambia.
April 2, 4:00 p.m., MGC 200: English Teaching Assistant Info Session
April 5, 12 p.m., MGC 200: Starting Your Research Grant
April 10, 4 p.m., MGC 245: Fulbright for Creative Arts
April 19, 12 p.m., MGC 247: English Teaching Assistant Info Session
April 23, p.m., MGC 200: Fulbright Learn the Basics
April 23, 1 p.m., MGC 200: Advanced Fulbright