Majors in Mathematics will be able to
- Carry out mathematical proofs.
- Understand mathematical definitions and use them correctly.
- Recognize where and how to use the major theorems, enabling them to see the big picture in various areas of mathematics.
- See where and how to use mathematical procedures.
- Learn how to present their research in writing or/and in front of an audience.
Majors in Statistics will be able to
- Provide a concise and clear description of a statistical problem.
- Provide a description of the method used for analysis, including a discussion of advantages, disadvantages, and necessary assumptions.
- Provide a discussion of the results and of the statistical analysis.
- Provide a conclusion to the study including a discussion of limitations of the analysis.
- Provide a derivation for mathematical statistics problems.