The Department of Psychology's Courses & Honors Program offer study in clinical, social, and experimental psychology; personality; development; and behavioral neuroscience. Students may design programs that approach psychology as a social science, a natural science, or a combination of both. See more about
Anthony Ahrens, professor of psychology, talks about the importance of gratitude, particularly during difficult times. He offers strategies and exercises to help us all become more grateful.
Faculty Research Labs & Clinics
- Emotions and Positive Psychology Laboratory
- Clinic for Youth Anxiety & Related Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Behavioral and Neural Homeostasis
- Family, Work, Community, and Culture Research Group
- Body Image Research Group
- Stress and Emotion Laboratory
- Clinical Psychology Research Laboratory
- Interpersonal Emotion Laboratory
- Behavioral Pharmacology & Health Promotion Laboratory
- Conditioned Taste Aversion Research
- Psychopharmacology Laboratory
- Human Memory and Cognition Laboratory
- Developmental Neuroscience Laboratory
- Program Evaluation Research Laboratory
Linda Amarante won the 2020 Outstanding Scholarship at the Graduate Level Award.
Irena Volkov (BA '19) received a Graduate Research Fellowship from the National Science Foundation honoring outstanding graduate students in science and technology.
Associate Professor of Psychology Catherine Stoodley has been elected a Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science.
Arthur Shapiro won the Single Volume Reference/Science award from the American Publishers Awards for The Oxford Compendium of Visual Illusions by Arthur G. Shapiro and Dejan Todorovic.