Know what you're looking for, but not what it's called? Check out this visual guide.
AV Equipment Borrowing
The library loans a wide variety of audiovisual equipment - cameras, microphones, audio recorders, video recorders, and accessories - for class use, assignments, research and teaching. All equipment is available to current AU students, faculty and staff. Loans are by appointment. Contact - email@example.com.
Loan periods are 1 week with fines of $4 per day. Replacement fees will be charged for items damaged, lost or stolen while checked out. Equipment must be renewed in person. There is no fee for borrowing equipment. The library makes every effort to have all equipment batteries fully charged, but with high turnover this is not always possible. Plan your project to give yourself time to charge equipment if necessary.
A note for faculty:
While AU faculty are welcome to borrow AV equipment, there are also other library services available that may be more appropriate depending on your needs. Audio/Visual Services provides classroom and event support and can set up microphones and amplification in specified areas. AV Services also provides digital audio and video recording equipment, webcams and other devices to support the use of Skype. Academic Multimedia Services provides both recording and post-production services for teaching purposes.
Reserve for pickup by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equipment - description | Ease of use | Video introduction | Manual
- Audio-Technica Omni ATR3550 Lapel Microphone - wired mic | easy | Video | Manual
- Azden WLX‐Pro Label Microphone - wireless mic | advanced | Video | Manual
- Blue Yeti - desktop microphone | easy | Video | Manual
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 with 18 - 55mm optional macro, 75 - 300mm lenses - DSLR camera | advanced | Video | Manual
- Canon Vixia HF R10 - HD camcorder | medium | Video | Manual
- DJI Osmo Mobile 2 - smartphone stabilizing gimbal | advanced | Video | Manual
- GH Dynamics Ring Light - fill light | easy |
- GoPro HD Hero 2 - video cameras | advanced | Video | Manual
- Lume Cube Panel Mini - video conference light kit | easy | Video | Manual
- Movo VRX10 - directional smartphone microphone | easy | Video | Manual
- Olympus OM‐D E‐M10 II with 14 - 42mm and 40 - 150mm lenses - DSLR camera | advanced | Video | Manual
- Shure RS230 - omnidirectional microphone | easy | Video | Manual
- Tripods - small and medium | easy | Video
- Vilrox VR-162T - LED light kit and tripod | easy | Video | Specs
- Zoom H2n - digital audio recorder | medium | Video | Manual
For Faculty Use Only:
- Olympus WS-110 - digital voice recorder - set of 15, set of 20 | medium | Video | Manual
- Zoom Q4 Video Recorder set - HD camcorder | medium | Video | Manual
Shooting Professional quality video With Your Smartphone
SOC professor, CTRL fellow and filmmaker, Larry Engel, shows how to get professional results when shooting video with just a typical smartphone.
Getting Started Guides
- Video Production Primer - A comprehensive guide for planning your video project. This document gives advice and resources for all the phases of production - from storyboarding and scripting to gear and shooting tips to file types and exporting.
- Manuals, operating instructions and tutorials for more AV equipment can be found on the Multimedia_@_AU webpage.