Sponsored by The Center for Environmental Filmmaking and The Nature Conservancy.
The Center for Environmental Filmmaking and The Nature Conservancy thank the filmmaker who submitted videos for consideration in the 2018 Eco-Comedy Video Competition.
We received over 30 submissions from all over the world and many of them were exceptionally good. To all of the filmmakers who took part, we salute your passion, hard work, and creativity!
After much deliberation by the judges, it is our pleasure to announce the finalists of the competition:
The Finalists are:
Viewer's Choice Winner:
Journey to the Future by Stephanie Brown & Tim Allen
Grand Prize Winner of the 2018 Eco-Comedy Video Competition:
@Humanity by Theodore Blossom and Robbie Price
Theodore Blossom and Robbie Price receive $2,000 in prize money from the Center for Environmental Filmmaking.
- Grand Prize, 2017
- Planet B by Ashley Holmes
- Grand Prize, 2016
- A Watershed Love Story by Julia Schaefer-Gomez
- Grand Prize, 2015
- DUDE! Or the Blissful Ignorance of Progress by Patrick Webster
- Grand Prize, 2014
- Be a Better Roommate by Patrick Gilmore
- Grand Prize, 2013
- A Brief History of the 5-cent Bag Tax by Craig Schattner
- Grand Prize, 2012
- Clean Coal by the Bituminous Marketing Agency by Alexander Lucas