Monday, November 1 - Monday, November 15
Whether you’ve had your AU benefit elections for a long time, or if you’re wondering if you should make a switch, weigh your options and make changes to your benefits without a qualifying life event during open enrollment.
The 2022 virtual benefits and wellness fair has daily events. Learn about your benefits, attend financial workshops, schedule one-on-one meetings with representatives, or have fun participating in a virtual dance party or cooking demo. Every session is raffling a prize! Visit the Benefits and Wellness Fair site for events and registration.
If you're ready, you can make your 2022 benefit elections today on the myBenefits portal.
2022 Open Enrollment
November 1-15, 2021
Open Enrollment begins today, Monday, November 1. I’m pleased to announce that we’ve extended the open enrollment period past our originally scheduled end date to November 15 to give you additional time to make your 2022 benefit elections. Your benefit elections and changes become effective January 1, 2022.
Whether you plan to keep your benefits the same or make changes, we encourage you to participate in this year’s online open enrollment process. It’s an excellent opportunity to review your current elections and confirm your dependent and beneficiary information.
How to Make Your 2022
Elections Log in to the myAU portal and make your benefit elections on the myBenefits online enrollment site. Your profile page will appear to confirm your information on file. If you have any changes to your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will see “Your Benefits at a Glance.”
- Make your 2022 elections in the “Future Benefits” tab or review your current 2021 benefits in the “Current Benefits” tab.
- Select your elections through each section.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for health care and dependent care do not rollover, so you will be prompted to enter a contribution amount or decline an FSA in 2022.
- Don’t forget that pet insurance quotes are available through our enrollment site. You can select “continue to next step” for more information about coverage and cost, decline if you’re not interested in pet insurance, or finish enrolling and come back to explore pet insurance at another time. You may enroll in pet insurance at any time throughout the year.
- There is a short, one-question survey at the end of the enrollment process.
If you do not complete the enrollment process, your 2021 benefit elections will automatically rollover into the 2022 open enrollment elections, with the exception of the health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
During Open Enrollment, you can:
- Change, add or drop coverage for your medical, dental, life, accident, or group legal coverage.
- Renew or add a health care or dependent care flexible spending account. Unlike your other benefits, your current flexible spending account elections do not carry over.
- Review and/or change your life insurance beneficiaries. We recommend that you review your current life insurance beneficiaries each year to ensure they are accurate and up to date. Please note that you can change your beneficiaries at any time.
Visit the benefits website for more information about the open enrollment benefit elections or any of the university’s benefits.
If you change your medical and/or dental coverage level or plan, the new cost and covered family members will be displayed:
- If you only select yourself, the rate will reflect individual coverage.
- If you choose yourself and one other family member, the rate will reflect individual plus one coverage.
- If you select yourself and more than one other family member, the rate will reflect family coverage.
We recommend having the following information ready before starting the open enrollment process:
- The date of birth and social security number of each of your covered dependents.
- Information on other medical coverage you or your dependents may have. If you or any of your dependents are covered under Medicare, you can find the requested information on the Medicare card.
Benefits & Wellness Virtual Fair
This year’s annual Benefits & Wellness Fair is primarily virtual during open enrollment. Insurance and benefit provider representatives are holding informational sessions online, and a few are scheduling office hours so that you can ask your questions one-on-one, much like you would if you had attended the fair in person. Some of the sessions request registration, but many of them are “on-demand,” so even if you don’t preregister, please join the event.
A partial listing of fair activities include:
- Financial wellness seminars presented by PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Estate Planning
- Basics of Investing
- Home Buying for First Time Home Buyers
- Taking Control of Your Money
- Tuition remission workshop
- Retirement workshops
- Cooking demonstrations
- Virtual dance party
- In-person and virtual fitness classes
- Raffles. Each of our fair events is raffling a prize for attending the session
For more information about fair activities and details, check out the Benefits & Wellness Virtual Benefits Fair page.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 202-885-3836 if we can be of any assistance.
Executive Director of Total Rewards & Service Delivery
Office of Human Resources